Request permission to retain the original nationality
This service is offered to individuals who were granted the Bahraini nationality and currently have the desire to retain their original nationality.
Prerequisites required for obtaining this service:
• An applicant must attend in person or apply through their appointed legal representative.
• The application must be submitted at the NPRA.
• Minors who have received permission or approval prior to the age of 18 will be granted a period of one year from the date of their 18th birthday to complete the necessary adjustments in accordance with the established procedures.
• Provide all the required documents along with the completed application form.
Required documents for the application:
• A letter addressed to H.E. the Minister of Interior stating the type of request and the reasons for such a request.
• Original and copy of the Bahraini and foreign passport(s) if available, of the applicant and relevant family members included within the application.
• Original and copy of the CPR(s) for the applicant and his relevant family members if they are included within the application.
• Original and copy of the birth certificate(s) for the applicant and his relevant family members if they are included within the request.
• Original and copy of the Bahraini marriage certificate. In the event of submitting a foreign marriage certificate, it must be notarized by the concerned authorities in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
• A newly issued employment certificate of the applicant and any locally employed relevant family members if they are included within the request.
• . Submit the request to Nationality Directorate office at security services building which is located in muharraq.
• Fill in the required application to apply for the service along with all the documents.
• Proceed to the designated employee to process your request.
Free of charge