Description of Service
This service is provided to residents wishing to acquire Bahraini citizenship.
Required Terms of Service
- An applicant must present himself in person at the time of Interview, and bring all the original documents.
- An Arab applicant must have lived in Bahrain legally and consecutively for 10 years. For non-Arabs the period is 20 years.
- The applicant must have a good command of Arabic language.
- He/she should own a property that is registered under his/her name in the Survey & Land Registration Bureau.
- He/she should be a person of good conduct.
- Mentally competent.
- Application form for Bahraini citizenship. (Form)
- Letter addressed to His Majesty the King, expressing the desire to obtain the Bahraini nationality.
- A document containing the applicant’s ID card data.
- The original and copy of the applicant’s current passport or the travel document held by him from another state.
- The original and copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- The original and copy of the applicant’s marriage certificate if it was issued in Bahrain. In case the marriage certificate was issued abroad, an "affidavit conjugal" is required from a court in Bahrain, to be submitted along with the foreign marriage certificate.
- A document containing the data of the ID cards of the applicant’s wife and children.
- In case the name of the applicant is written in the passport in a dual or triple form, a certificate from the applicant’s embassy should be submitted authenticating the full name.
- Original and copy of the nationality certificate.
- Certificate from the Survey & Land Registration Bureau, stating that the applicant owns property in Bahrain.
- Health fitness certificate.
- Certificate from the Commercial Registration office stating the trade followed by the applicant, in case he is a businessman.
- All education certificates held by the applicant or a letter and copy from the Ministry of Education.
- Originals and copies of all passports held by the applicant as proof of the continuity of his residency.
- Employment certificate from the applicant’s workplace and the Social Insurance Organisation, stating his job title, salary and joining date. This should have been issued less than three months before the date of application for nationality.
- Apply via the Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs website - Nationality Directorate.
- Fill in the application form and attach the documents required.
Application fees Free
Service request channel